Residence Hall Student Meal Plans
Meal plans can often be more cost-effective than purchasing meals individually.
Who is required to purchase a meal plan?
All residence hall students are required to purchase one of the Anytime Access meal plans, except for those living in Swanson Hall.
Residence Hall students must choose from one of the Anytime Access meal plans listed. Swanson Hall residents have the option to choose from any of the non-residence hall meal plan options.
Selecting a Meal Plan
- Students will select their meal plan when signing the Room and Meal Plan Agreement in Housing Self Service.
- Meal plan selections must be made by the last business day in June.
- View our video on how to select your meal plan.
Changing a Meal Plan
You're allowed to change your dining contracts during a one-week period at the beginning of each semester. Forms are available in Wilkerson Dining Center during this period. Question about changing a meal plan can be directed to dining@UND.edu.
Anytime Access Meal Plans
Anytime Access means you can enter Wilkerson Dining Center as many times as you like throughout the day. Come in for a meal, snack, or beverage any time the dining center is open - no meals to count.
Meal Plan Type
|Anytime Access Platinum||$2,987||$200||10||7 days: Sun - Sat|
|Anytime Access Gold||$2,852||$100||5||7 days: Sun - Sat|
|Anytime Access Silver||$2,718||$0||0||7 days: Sun - Sat|
|Anytime Access Bronze||$2,718||$300||3||5 days: Mon - Fri|
Student Meal Plan Extras
- Dining dollars and meal swipes can be used through the GrubHub Mobile App for on-campus dining locations.
- Guest Meals can be used by you or a guest at Wilkerson Dining Center and as a meal equivalency at 1883 Grill, Dakota Deli, and University Ave Pizza.
- Special food services are available for students with meal plans, including sick trays, sack lunches, and your very own birthday cake.
$9 Meal-Swipe Equivalency
- $9 Meal-Swipe equivalency can be used in the Memorial Union at 1883 Grill, Dakota Deli, or University Ave Pizza.
- Meal plan holders may only use two meal swipes per day. After two meal swipes are used in a day, meal plan holders will not be able to use the equivalency until the following day.
- Totals over $9 must be paid with Dining Dollars or U-cash.
- Credit/debit card payments can't be used to cover totals that are over $9.
- Only one beverage (fountain or bottle) is allowed per meal-swipe equivalency purchase.
Meal Plan Management
- Use the GET mobile app or website to add dining dollars, check your meal plan and dining dollar balances, and more!
- Parents and guardians can also load additional funds onto their student's account utilizing GET.
Meal Plan Eligibility
Meal Plan Type
All Residence Hall StudentsBrannon, Fulton, Johnstone, McVey, Noren, Selke, Smith and Walsh Halls
Off Campus, Greek, Swanson Hall, Apartment-Style Housing, or UND Apartment
|Anytime Access Platinum||Eligible||Eligible|
|Anytime Access Gold||Eligible||Eligible|
|Anytime Access Silver||Eligible||Eligible|
|Anytime Access Bronze
|Block Plan 105 Meals||Not Eligible||Eligible|
|Block Plan 85 Meals||Not Eligible||Eligible|
|Block Plan 50 Meals||Not Eligible||Eligible|
|Dining Dollar Plans||Not Eligible||Eligible|
Access Anytime Terms and Conditions
The University of North Dakota offers to furnish meals in consideration of payment of the fee in effect during the contract period.
- A meal plan is required of all students living in the residence halls except for Graduate, Transfer, and Returning Students residing in Swanson Hall. Meal plan contracts are non-transferable.
- The 2023 Fall Contract period starts with brunch on Saturday, August 19, 2023 and ends with brunch on Sunday, December 17, 2023. The 2024 Spring Contract begins with brunch on Sunday, January 7, 2024 and ends with brunch on Sunday, May 12, 2024. Schedules of operation will be posted prior to dining centers closing for holiday weekends and break periods as defined herein.
- The above-stated amount shall be billed to the contract holder’s University account to the selected term per semester or pro-rated from the date of signature. This contract shall be canceled if the contract holder has not registered or has withdrawn from the University prior to the start of the contract period.
- Students have the option of using their meal plan for $9 Meal-Swipe Equivalency in the Memorial Union at 1883 Grill, Dakota Deli, or University Ave Pizza. Meal plan holders may only use two meal swipes per day. After two meal swipes have been utilized in a day, meal plan holders will not be able to use the equivalency until the following day. Totals over $9 must be paid with Dining Dollars or U-cash. Credit/debit card payments can't be used to cover totals that are over $9. Only one beverage (fountain or bottle) is allowed per meal-swipe equivalency purchase. Additional meals can be accessed in Wilkerson Dining Center.
- Identification: All students with a meal plan must utilize biometrics by scanning their fingerprint or present a machine-readable U Card with an identifiable picture for dining center access. Students can enroll their fingerprints during orientation or at Wilkerson Dining Center.
- Anytime Access meal plans are a full semester plan serving an unlimited number of meals per week and are not restricted by meal zones.
- Meals can be consumed within the dining center or by take out during scheduled serving hours. Sack meals, sick trays, take out and extended dinner carryout are limited to one meal swipe per breakfast, lunch, and dinner time periods.
- Dining Dollars can be redeemed at any Dining Services location: Wilkerson Express Convenience Stores and Stomping Grounds, the Memorial Union Locations: Express Convenience Store, Starbucks, Panda Express, Chick-fil-a, 1883 Grill, University Ave Pizza, and Dakota Deli. A ten percent (10%) discount is applied to the purchase of meals with Dining Dollars at the Wilkerson Dining Center only.
- Guest Meals can be redeemed at Wilkerson Dining Center.
- The unused balances of dining dollars and bonus meals on the last day of the semester are forfeited.
- Redemption of meals requires a current machine-readable University of North Dakota identification card. Replacement cards are available at the U Card office.
- Board contract change dates can be found at dining.UND.edu. Posted notices in the dining centers will serve as official notice regarding where and when to apply.
- Requests for cancellation must be submitted in writing to the Director of Dining Services, located at 3625 Campus Road during the board contract change period noted at UND.edu/dining Credits for the unused portion are prorated from the effective cancellation date and applied to the contract holder’s University account.