Catering Leftover Program
To assist students who suffer from food insecurity and limit food-waste on campus, University Catering and Dining Services offers a program to address concerns about food leftovers at catered events. At events with substantial leftovers, Catering will send a message to those students who opt-in to the Dining Services channel on the My UND App inviting them to enjoy a delicious meal.
To participate in the program, the event organizer must check the agreement box on the contract.
- Catering staff will send out a message to students who opt-in to the Dining channel on the My UND App indicating leftovers are available and the location of the leftovers. Food will be available for 30 minutes after the event while supplies last.
- All food must be in the appropriate temperature zone for food safety.
- Must include a protein, vegetable, and starch.
- Message will not be sent out unless there is a minimum of 10 servings of food leftovers.
- Students will be required to sign a waiver with their first name and last name.
- Students will be required to take the meals to-go.
- The takeout containers and cutlery will be paid for by UND Student Government.
[Time] Hurry over to [Location] to grab a delicious, FREE meal! Catering has extra food from today's event -- 30 minutes only, 1 takeout container per person, Student ID required.