Limited Services Due to Labor Shortage
We are experiencing a labor shortage and have limited staff available to supply catering services to the campus community. We will do our best to meet your catering needs with our limited staff. Please see the Catering Guidelines for Labor Shortage for more information.
Order By Phone
Award-Winning University Catering Menu
2022 Loyal E. Horton Dining Award
The National Association of College & University Food Services (NACUFS) awarded Gold to the UND Catering Online Menu for the annual awards! A team of six judges and a committee chair examined the menu in the areas of creativity in design and style, menu variety and selection options, food allergy and special dietary preferences, and service options.
- Catering services will be focused on the UND community and external events will be limited.
- All events will be prioritized by the date and location of the booking.
- Events that are located in the Memorial Union will take priority.
- Buffet service is preferred.
- Event changes must be made within 48 hours of the event time and last-minute changes will not be accommodated.
- There will be limited service on Saturdays and bookings will be limited to continental breakfasts, cold lunches, and platters.
- No events will be scheduled on Sundays.
Thank you so much for the amazing brunch you and your staff created for the law school! As always, it looked incredible and everything tasted delicious! We received lots of compliments on the food and presentation. We appreciate you so much and love working with you! We cannot say enough good things about UND Catering and we are sure to recommend your services. Your staff always look so nice and are so incredibly friendly and helpful. It was a great event because of all the work you did! Thank you!
- Beth Moe, Director of Alumni & Public Relations, School of Law
What We Offer
University Catering provides food service to students, faculty, and staff who conduct university-affiliated and university-sponsored functions on campus.
- Working Luncheons – Save time by having lunch delivered to your on-campus meeting. Box lunches or hot meals are available.
- Tent and Grill Rental – Rentals are limited to groups, organizations, and individuals with university affiliations. A Dining Services professional staff member will be present at events utilizing the grills to ensure safe and proper usage of the grills.
- Receptions – Celebrate that special occasion (wedding, birthday, graduation, etc.) with a convenient, on-campus reception.
- Buffets – Choose from delicious main entrées to delectable desserts. Our wide variety of buffet menu items are available for small or large groups.
- Coffee Breaks – Just the right touch for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon break. Serving coffee, tea, punch, juice, soda, plus pastries and/or snacks.
- Picnics/Cookouts – Hamburgers, hot dogs, and BBQ ribs grilled to perfection add a special note to your outdoor party.
- Private Dining – Serving parties of up to 40 people through our Dining Center.
- Mocktail Bars – Need a touch of class for your event? Serve non-alcoholic beverages in a cocktail party atmosphere.
- Other – Requests for gourmet recipes, special dietary needs, and custom menu planning are always welcome.
Departmental Catering Policy for Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life
Groups outside the department will be charged according to established guidelines and policies. Because Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life customers already support the overhead of Dining Services through the purchase of meal plan contracts, Dining Services can provide this service to the department at the price structure listed. Paperwork for the events must be completed prior to the event.
This policy is in effect for catering provided to groups/customers within Dining Services and Housing & Residence Life only.